Fastbolt’s vast experience with manufacturers of Consumer Products spans more than forty-five years. An array of products such as fasteners, items made to print, and wire management products, are just a few of the areas that Fastbolt excels in.
Consumer products of all kinds must be designed to withstand the structural and operational requirements associated with normal use, drop, and misuse, all while balancing weight and cost considerations.
Working with both our design and procurement departments, Fastbolt will assist in specifying the best component for the job, while helping to reduce the total number of active parts. Ultimately the goal to reduce in -placement costs with quality product to improve performance.
Helping design or improve the performance of a consumer product involves:
- Working with the customer to create a functional specification for the product
- Understanding the market’s requirements
- Creating a design that is attractive, and easy to use
- Designing the product to meet cost target
- Ensuring the manufacturing documentation is accurate
- Supporting the customer through prototype, and beta unit building and testing with First Articles